OF ME & FILMS



"Movies touch our hearts and awaken our vision, and change the way we see things. They take us to other places, they open doors and minds." these are the words of Martin Scorsese - an American director, producer, screenwriter and film historian. Cinema is magic ! I'm so passionate about cinema that I'm totally in love with this form of art. Yes, cinema is an ART (many people don't realize this).

I have no idea why I love films so much. Maybe it's because I love stories. I loved reading novels when I was a kid. Books were my best friends. They took me to another world. I found joy in getting lost in a new world, getting to know new characters, getting to know their lives. It was later that I began to realize the wonders of cinema, where characters and stories came to life onscreen - I just loved that ! But still, reading a book gives joy in it's own way. Books and movies cannot be compared - they are unique and wonderful in their own realms.

source: actinginlondon.co.uk

I had always wanted to become a story-writer myself. When I was a young girl I dreamt of becoming a novelist. But when I discovered cinema, I began to fall in love with that way of story-telling. Like I mentioned earlier - in cinema stories and characters come alive. I liked that aspect. Even today I dream of becoming a story-teller, but this time I see my characters coming alive onscreen - I dream of becoming a filmmaker (it's no secret, i mean, people who know me know this dream of mine). But hey, that doesn't mean I don't like reading books anymore. It's just that now I have two passions - books and films.

If I start talking about cinema I just can't stop. I just love getting into conversations about cinema. I have been fascinated by every aspect of filmmaking - script writing, direction, cinematography, acting, lighting, costumes, music, dance, make-up, editing, dubbing, production....the list is kind of long....; a flim is the result of the hardwork of hundreds of people, both infront of the camera and behind the camera. Movies are the collaboration of all forms of art, the collaboration of all forms of creativity - movies are the storehouse of creativity, the ULTIMATE ART.

source: livefullyblog.com

I'm nobody to say anything critical about good or bad movies. I know absolutely nothing technical about filmmaking (I'm planning to learn it as soon as possible). But, just like any other film lover from the audience, I do have my own notions about good movies (you might or might not agree with me). I do agree that notions on what a good film should be are different for different people. For this very reason, I believe that there is no such thing as a universal good film or a bad film. No film is made with the hope that it should not be liked by anybody. It's just that, it's not neceassary that my favourite film will be your favourite too. But if a film can be called a good film universally - there is magic in that film (it's this magic that every filmmaker wishes to create).

Personally, films that I love are the ones that are not just meant for entertainment alone, but are entertaining and at the same time makes us think. These are the type of films that I wish to make someday. In my opinion, "the story" should be the driving force of a movie. I feel films should not just be made to satisfy the critics alone, it should appeal to the audience but at the same time have critical value too. It is also a known fact that there are a few filmmakers who make films with only the "box-office" in mind. There is nothing wrong in this intention, but such filmmakers should remember that they should not degrade the value and integrity of cinema which is an art - every art should be handled with passion and respect. Films are the most influential medium with mass appeal now-a-days. They have the power to easily impact a huge number of people. Therefore, I feel filmmakers do have a commitment towards the society, to give out "something good" through this popular medium of entertainment.

source: filmlifestyle.com

To all the film-lovers (like me) out there *high five*.

Comments

Popular Posts