Hey Dreamer!



I stared at her. I looked right into her eyes. 'An ordinary girl with extra-ordinary dreams' is how I would define her. She is one of the most ambitious girls I've known. I know She loves to dream. Her dreams make her life beautiful and worth living.

She is never hesitant to dream big. And for that I'm quiet proud of her. She is never discouraged by external forces. She keeps dreaming big no matter what. She is never ready to believe that her dreams are too good to come true. She has big, amazing dreams and is sure that she'll make those dreams come true someday. But the problem is, she has got major procrastination issues. She just keeps dreaming, waiting for that "someday".  God alone knows when that "someday" would finally arrive, or would it ever?

That's exactly why I'm confronting her today. To tell her that enough is enough. Lately she has been feeling quite depressed at the fact that she is not able to reach out to her dreams.

"Arey baba, how can you reach out to your dreams if you just sit back and dream, dream, dream all day." I asked her. "It's good to dream, only then can you achieve something in life, only then can you create your unique identity, only then can you leave your mark in this world. But just dreaming big won't make your dreams come true. If you want your dreams to become a reality someday, you should stop waiting for that 'someday' to arrive at your doorstep. You should rather get up and head towards that 'someday'. If you just sit there and dream without doing anything about it, then you are just going to die as a dreamer and not an achiever."

She came up with her usual excuses, "I'm waiting for the perfect time to go out there and work on my dreams. Right now I don't have the right opportunity and circumstances to do it."

"Not again!" I sighed. "The moment you start giving yourself excuses, trust me, you have begun to kill your dreams." I warned her. "What if you are going to die tomorrow?" I asked her bluntly.

Looking at the horrified expression on her face I tried to explain, "No, I mean seriously. Just imagine this is your last day. It is possible that it might be so. You never know. Do you have any assurance that you'll be alive tomorrow?" I asked her brutally, "Do you?"

She shook her head slowly with a sigh. I could see that she is beginning to understand what I'm trying to say. "I know, somewhere deep within, you are afraid to take that first step. But it's okay. It's okay to make mistakes. It's okay to fail. It's okay to fall. It'll just teach you valuable lessons that will help you reach your goal. I know you'll never give up. I know you have that fire in you. I know you are determined to prove it to the world that your dreams are not just unconquerable fantasies of your imagination. You know how much I want to see you get there. Don't you?"

She nodded.

I looked into her eyes again, "You should dream. You should have beautiful dreams, 'cos the more you dream, the more the universe will be compelled to conspire to make your dreams come true. But nothing's going to happen until you take the first step. Everything will eventually fall into place. All great people have been great dreamers. But the only difference is they were not just dreamers but were also doers. If you have a dream in there - " I said pointing to her heart, " - it is there for a reason."

She smiled.

"Just get up and do it girl!" I told her. "You have big things to do, great things to achieve. It's all in your hands. It's time to stop dreaming and start doing. Just do it!"

I gave out a deep sigh of content with a wide smile on my face. She smiled back at me from the mirror of my dressing table. I knew I needed this.

"We'll make it happen." I promised her.

Comments

Popular Posts